Hambledon Productions present Just Like That The Tommy Cooper Show. This production will appeal to those who appreciate the show’s nostalgic quality, but also to younger fans and entire families.
Tommy Cooper (performed by the critically acclaimed John Hewer, who’s been with the show since 2013) was a true comic genius. His impeccable timing, misfiring magic, trademark fez and quick-fire gags made him an international star. “Just Like That!” is embarking on a brand new tour after sell-out successes across the UK. This all encapsulating show features John Hewer (Tony Hancock, Hancock’s Half Hour – The ‘Lost’ Episodes) giving “a perfect illusion of time travel” and delivering “nuances both obvious and subtle” as the man in the fez. Complete with live musical accompaniment, this critically acclaimed tribute show is full of magic and mirth and is the perfect celebration of Britain’s favourite comedian. The show, fully supported by The Tommy Cooper Estate and Tommy’s daughter, Vicky, has been wowing audiences for four years, including a 16-week residency at London’s Museum of Comedy. Don’t miss this gag-packed, magical tour de force!
All the material is honed from Tommy Cooper’s original “gag files”, scripts, televisual appearances, including crowd-pleasing classics ‘spoon-jar’, the Educated Duck, the Hats Sketch and ‘bottle-glass’, as well as hidden gems from Cooper’s extensive archive. The show aims to portray Tommy at the height of his career (circa. Early 1970s) in the environment he was not only at his happiest, but also his best – i.e., working a live audience. Amazingly, It also features a selection of authentic, original props as used by Tommy Cooper during his lineage. It played to packed houses during a 16-week residency at the Museum of Comedy in London’s West End, before embarking on a string of sell-out tours across the UK.
About ‘Just Like That! The Tommy Cooper Show’
• “Full of inspired lunacy and deep, belly laughs” – Time Out
• “John Hewer is excellent! He’s picked up the nuances both obvious and subtle” – Everything Theatre
• “John Hewer captures the Cooper style, from the mumbled speech and loud laughter to the awkward giant-body language” – The Stage
• “It delivers on every one of it’s promises. As a love letter to Tommy Cooper, it’s sealed with a loving kiss” – Broadway Baby
• “If you fancy a trip down memory lane, then it’s money, ticket, ticket, money – JUST LIKE THAT!” – Chortle
• “I never believed it would be possible to recreate the unforgettable Mr. Cooper. John Hewer has proved me wrong.” – Robert Ross (Comedy Historian)
Tickets are £12.00 Adult, £10.00 Child and £40.00 Family (2 Adults and 2 Children or One Adult and 3 Children) from Ticketsource or the box office.